Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm Coming Home

Lots of changes going on with my job in terms of management. My boss is leaving April 11th and I am so sad about it. In addition our general manager will be retiring at the end of April. In light of those two events my boss and I decided it was best for me to come home. And quite frankly I would not want to be here in India without him supporting me. So I'm coming home - YEA!!!!! Now part of the agreement was that I get a week vacation to be taken while I'm here so Billie and I are trying to get to the Andaman Islands April 5th to the 10th. I really did want to come home on April 11th but the BA flight is sold out in business class and there is no way I'm flying coach. So I'll have one last day and night in Bangalore and then I'm out of here. And it all kind of works out because Billie is leaving April 11th.
We did have some fun this weekend which is good because I've been working till midnight and later almost every day this past week. Yesterday Billie came and hung out the pool and then we met up with our Swedish friend Benny and we went to Commercial Street. I had also met this guy at the pool who was asking me about shopping so I just invited him to come along. He only stayed with us part of the time - he had to come back to the Leela to meet some folks for dinner. But then we went and picked up Nicole and went to this crafts fair. It was pretty cool. We found my wallet guy and Nicole was thrilled because she really liked the wallets I had bought and also this purse. I bought some raw silk and took it back to my tailor Kamal today so he could copy this jacket I have. He was already copying it for me in red and he's making me some pants. This should be interesting to see how it comes out.
Today Billie and I went back to Commercial Street - she wanted to look for fabric. It was relatively quiet. We were shocked.
So now it's Sunday night and I dread working tomorrow but what are you gonna do. I'm just so excited to be coming home and being with my Chester boy again.

No comments: